Tuesday, February 13, 2007

January 16, 2007 - a day that will live in enfamy...just kidding!

So, today is my 26th birthday. Not a big deal really...26 doesn't really get you anywhere. You're not old yet and you don't get any new responsiblities or priviledges. But, it is more fun because of Ella...this time last year we were in Boston. Ella was 7 months old and it was cold and dreary. The day pretty much sucked. As for today, it's cool and dreary again, but Ella is lighting up my day already.

As I look back on the update that I wrote a week ago, it's amazing the stuff that I forgot to put in and stuff that she's picked up since then! The big thing (that is also a scary thing) is that Ella can open doors now!! Uh-oh, is right!!! I have not been looking forward to the day that we had to put on those stupid door knobs that no one can work...they're not just kid-proof, I think they're human-proof! So, that was her big "accomplishment" in the past week. But, as I read my good friend's blog, I forgot to mention a lot about what Ella has started saying and doing. I was so wrapped up in her ability to turn her dependence on and off...

...One thing that we are so happy about is that Ella has started to say 'love you'. It just melts our hearts and then getting a big kiss makes it even better. Ella can also say her ABC's up to 'G'. She can't really get 'H' yet and then she can say I-L. She got a Blue's Clues doll that sings Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and sings the alphabet and it's so cute to hear her try and sing with it. She hasn't really mastered her numbers yet though. She can 1-3, but that's about it. When I try and count things with her she could really care less.

Anyway, I'm amazed more and more at how big she's getting and how fast she picks up things. She's constantly repeating everything we say which has kept us in check! :)
And I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't posted a picture yet, well I'll try and get on that ASAP. I've yet to download pics from the past few weeks because I haven't been on my home computer in a while. But, hopefully I'll get to that this week!

No comments: