Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ella's 22 Month Update

I can't believe my little girl is almost 2 years old! I know I say this all the time, but it's really scary how fast time flies. Since our last update, Ella has continues to broaden her vocabulary and can pretty much say anything. It's so nice to have her tell us what she wants or needs and it's also nice to be able to tell her anything and she understands it (whether she pays attention to you or not)! One thing I've really enjoyed is how much Ella is singing now. She sings herself to sleep or will just start singing in the car. I will say that her favorite songs are the theme song to Dora, Elmo, and The Backyardigans, so those songs are getting old, but we're trying to branch out and learn new songs.

Ella has also gone to Disney for the fourth time in her short life. The past two times have been without us and it's kinda sad that we're missing those times with her. But, she stayed with her cousins again last week while Stephen and I were in MI looking for a house. So, Ella went to MGM Studios and loved the Indiana Jones show the best! That's my favorite, too. I wish I could've seen her face when all the pyrotechnics went off!

Ella also enjoyed her first Easter egg hunt(s). She went with her cousins to their church this past Sat. and then we had one out her great-grandmother's house after church on Sunday. She definitely knew what she was doing and enjoyed opening all the eggs to get her prizes and candy! I'm not sure how many eggs she got with her cousins, but Stephen hid 48 eggs in my G'ma's backyard and Ella found every one of them!

So, back to our MI trip. Stephen and I were up there for 3 1/2 days and on Good Friday we found our house. Thankfully, the couple selling the house took our first offer! We aren't used to not getting a counter-offer, so we knew this was the place we were supposed to live in next. We're really excited about having a basement, too! The house in good condition for it being 7 years old and the paint that's on the walls are to our liking so we won't have to paint. WooHoo! I'm also very excited that we have an IKEA about 25 mi away. You know where I'll be the first few weeks in MI!! Anyway, it looks like we'll be moving up there around June 6th and closing the next day. Hopefully it will be warmer in June. It didn't get past 35 degrees the whole time we were in MI and it snowed the whole time, too!

Back to Ella, I really hope that she adjusts well to MI and can understand what's going on a little bit. I want to make her comfortable first and foremost and let her realize that this is her new home. Her room is smaller than the one she has now, but the finished basement will make up for that and she can have a play area down there. Well, I feel like there should be more to Ella's update, but she's really just building on things that I've talked about previously. I'm sure there will be a lot more to talk about in the next couple months!

No comments: