Friday, January 21, 2011

Annie and Ella Updates

Time is flying by!  Not only is 2010 over, but my baby girl is 3 months old and my first baby girl is 5 1/2 and will be 6 before I know it.  These are the days that I want to stop time and sit down with my girls and just play and laugh mentally remember them at this age.  Ella's baby years flew by too fast with all the moving and new beginnings of motherhood and 'doctor'-hood.  I want so bad to cherish Annie as a baby and for time to slow down because I'm pretty sure I'm done having kids.  Yet as I am typing this post Annie is having more 'firsts' and reaching more and more milestones which only means one thing - she's growing up!  Ahhhh!

Yesterday Annie rolled over...1/2 way...for the first time.  I know this isn't a huge deal as rolling over is usually celebrated when then can fully roll over from front to back and vice versa, but I was proud of her because this is helping her enjoy her playmat, playpen and crib a bit more as she can look in different directions now.  She is also grasping objects more.  She has a rattle that she likes and she also holds her pacifier and a soft elephant/blanket thingy (I have no idea what to call it.  It's one of those little blankets that have a stuffed animal head attached to it).  Anyway, Ella was the first one to see Annie's half roll onto her side.  I was fixing dinner in the kitchen while Annie was in the living room on her playmat.  Ella came down from upstairs and ran into the kitchen saying, "Mommy!  Annie tipped over!  Annie tipped over!"  At first I was brushing Ella off because I knew Annie was lying on the ground so she couldn't really "tip over", but then Ella's sound of concern/surprise made me run in the living room to see what was going on and sure enough there was Annie on her right side cooing and looking around!  It made me smile and Ella thought it was really cool that she was the first one to see her new milestone.  I'm very curious to see what her stats will be on her 4 month check up next month.  

My ever growing, stubborn, hilarious, smart, beautiful 15.yo., um, 5 y.o. (ha ha) is coming home every day learning new spelling words, reading more, painting beautiful pictures (although I'm sick of all her stuff smelling like tempera paint!) and adding and subtracting like it's going out of style!  I am amazed at how much she is learning in Kindergarten.  But I am so thrilled with her love of reading and music (she gets that from me) and she is also really interested in science, but I have to say that was always my weak point.  Thank God that Stephen is strong in that area because when Science Fair projects come around, that's all him!  :)  

Ella will be starting her last couple rounds swim classes next month.  She has finished all her classes teaching her the different strokes.  She is now in an advanced class teaching better breathing techniques and longevity for lap swimming.  This summer she will be able to be on a swim team if she so desires, although she says she doesn't want to do races, she wants to dive!  I'm trying really hard to not live vicariously through her, but I loved being on a swim team when I was younger and even to this day I could stay in a pool for hours!

Overall, my girls are amazing!  Any mother out there with kids, especially girls, knows how I feel.  And this will be the post that I read and re-read over and over again to calm myself and remember how blessed I am on those days where I'm getting payback for being such a brat when I was little!  (Just kidding...no, I'm not.) 

No comments: