Saturday, January 29, 2011

Need a laugh?

OK, so this might be silly, but I like a good joke and I think most people like hearing a good joke.  I love watching/listening to all kinds of comedy...child-like humor, redneck humor, adult humor...even comedy from Kathy Griffin (every once in a while).  My favorite comedian is Ricky Gervais...in case you were wondering. All of this to say is that I came across a few jokes in my January Glamour.  There aren't usually jokes in this magazine, so I was pleasantly surprised to not only see some, but they were actually funny and I thought I would share them with you just so you could have a chuckle or a laugh-out-loud moment.  I know I needed one this morning and so I read the jokes over again!  :)


1)  Two weasels are sitting on a bar stool.  One starts to insult the other one.  He screams, "I slept with your mother!"  The bar gets quiet as everyone listens to see what the other weasel will do.  The first again yells, "I SLEPT with your MOTHER!"  The other weasel says, "Go home, Dad, you're drunk."


*The following is a little more adult, but there are no children reading this blog.


2)  A chicken and an egg are lying in bed.  The chicken is smoking a cigarette with a very satisfied smile.  The egg is frowning and looking frustrated.  The egg says, "Guess we answered THAT question."


3)  A married couple in their early sixties were celebrating their fortieth wedding anniversary in a romantic restaurant.  Suddenly, a fairy godmother appeared.  She said, "For being such an exemplary married couple, I will grant you each a wish."  The wife answered, "I want to travel around the world with my darling husband."  The fairy waved her magic wand and poof! - two tickets for the Queen Mary 2 appeared.  The husband though for a moment, and then said, "Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again.  I'm sorry sweetheart, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me."  The wife and the fairy godmother were  deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish.  So the fairy waved her magic wand and poof! - the husband became 92 years old.  The moral of this story: Men who are ungrateful should remember that fairy godmothers are female.

No comments: